SUSTAINABILITY IN FURNITURE MANUFACTURING
Sustainability in design and manufacturing is very important to us at CALPIA. We commit to going above and beyond by pursuing sustainable manufacturing practices, environmentally preferable purchasing standards, a zero manufacturing waste to landfill goal and end-of-life considerations applicable to CALPIA’s manufactured systems furniture (MSF).
View disassembly instructions for CALPIA’s manufactured systems furniture – Century and Legion lines:
- Century Box File_6700-44-DR - Disassembly Instructions
- Century Flipper Door Cabinet_6700-7-DR - Disassembly Instructions
- Century Panel_6700-DR - Disassembly Instructions
- Century Tack Board_6700-29-DR - Disassembly Instructions
- Century Work Surface_6700-8A-DR - Disassembly Instructions
- Legion Panel - Disassembly Instructions
- Vini Credenza - Disassembly Instructions_PIA-Model
- Vini Series XXI Pedestal - Disassembly Instructions_PIA-Model
- Vini Storage Tower - Disassembly Instructions_PIA-Model
We expand our sustainability practices of being good environmental stewards into our local manufacturing community through community partnership. Below are highlights of some programs we’ve volunteered for or raised funds for:
Our systems furniture has been third party certified to meet the most aggressive standards for volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions . We tested our products through SCS Global.
Indoor Advantage Gold certification is SCS Global Services’ highest level of indoor air quality performance for furniture. The certification assures that furniture products support a healthy indoor environment by meeting strict chemical emission limits for volatile organic compounds (VOCs). To be certified, products must be tested by independent labs for compliance with the ANSI/BIFMA X7.1, and either ANSI/BIFMA e.3 or CDPH/EHLB Standard Method V1-1 for VOC emissions of concerns.
Level® has been created to deliver the most open and transparent means of evaluating and communicating the environmental and social impacts of furniture products in the built environment. It is the third-party certification program for the furniture industry’s multi-attribute, sustainability standard. Taking into account a company’s social actions, energy usage, material selection and human and ecosystem health impacts, level verifies how a product has met the ANSI/BIFMA e3 furniture Sustainability Standard from multiple perspectives.View our level® certificate